meta

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Double, double toil and trouble

macbeth and gold...fire burn, and cauldron bubble - Macbeth Act IV, Scene I

I've been digging Milani's gold lacquer recently; it has large chunks of hexagonal glitters swimming in clear polish. Shakespeare popped into my mind yesterday so I decided to team Butter London's Macbeth with gold french tips. 

This is the first time I've used the glitter as tips and it's really fiddly; I ended up getting too much clear polish on the tips, just to get the amount of glitter that I want. Me likey a lot, but I don't know if I'll be doing this very often :S

Butter London in Macbeth and Milani in Jewel FX Gold

I forgot that I had to stock shelves later that day and by the end of it, my nails were a mess. So there I was at 11pm peeling off what's left of the gold bits. 

What does one then do with half-painted nails? One slaps on something dark and mysterious. OPI comes to the rescue with its blue-black shade. 

The nail guide strips go on again...

nail guide strips

And my nails are fixed...

macbeth and blue epic french

...just in time for getting snap-happy at Sculpture by the Sea the next morning :)

macbeth yoga-ta get this blue canon

I used:
Manicare All-In-One (as base and top coats)
Butter London - Macbeth
OPI - Yoga-ta Get This Blue
Milani - Jewel FX Gold

No comments: